(Spokane Valley, WASH), Dec. 3, 2018: Vera Water and Power is offering more community solar through its Phase Two Community Solar project.
Just like the first community solar project which started in 2016, Vera has taken care of the construction, costs of upkeep, insurance and management of the multi-year solar project which has been built on our campus.
The exciting news is that this second community solar project is being offered at just $100 per solar block. We hope by lowering the entry price that even more of our neighbors will join our community solar project the second time around.
Here’s how the Phase Two Community Solar Project works for those joining:
- 14.4-kiloWatt solar system Projected to produce
- 18,519 kilowatt-hours of electricity
- Projected lifetime of the project is 8 years
- 200 total solar blocks $100 per solar block
- Limit of 20 solar blocks per household*
The production numbers
- One solar block equals
- 72 Watts
- 92.58 kilowatts (estimated annual production, subject to variables)
- $100 per block.
- This is a nonrefundable, one-time payment.
- These are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Your potential credit**
- A credit from Washington state of $0.21 per kilowatt-hour on each block’s annual production for a period of time up to eight years or until total credits among participants reaches 50 percent of the entire project cost.
- A per kilowatt credit from Vera Water and Power on your block(s)’s annual production. In 2019, that will be $0.035 per kWh.
If you’re interested in Phase Two Community Solar, please contact Jeremy Keller. He will send you the project details, project disclosures, and participation agreement. The project has certain requirements and risks; so be sure to read all disclosures and the participation agreement.
Of course, if you have any questions, please give Jeremy a call at 509-227-6811, or email him email@example.com.
*After there are 10 eligible participants, you might be able to purchase additional solar blocks.
**All credits will be applied annually to a participant’s Vera Water and Power bill statement.