The COVID-19 utility moratorium is set to end Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021. This means that Vera Water and Power will begin rolling out its credit and collections process on Oct. 1, 2021.
- Beginning Nov. 1, 2021, the $2.25 fee for a late letter will return, and blue door hangers will be issued as courtesy reminders for overdue balances (no associated fee for the door hanger until December).
- Beginning Dec. 1, 2021, the $20 fee for blue door hangers will return.
We have compiled a list of resources and assistance options below:
- Commerce Utility Assistance
- Information available in 36 additional languages).
- Language assistance is available
- UTC Consumer Protection Help Line for interpretation services
- 1-888-333-WUTC (9882) or email@example.com
- Payment plans: We have set up payment plans over several months for customers to pay past-due balances.
- To arrange a repayment agreement for unpaid COVID-19 account balances, set an appointment to meet with our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 888-774-8272. The best time to call is Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Federal assistance: Low-income households might qualify for federal energy and water assistance programs.
- These programs are called LIHEAP (low-income heating and energy assistance program) and LIHWAP (low-income household water assistance program).
- Locally, these funds are being managed by SNAP. To see if you are qualified, contact SNAP at 456-7627.
- WA Utility & Transportation Commission – COVID-19 Utility Assistance
- COVID-19 Rent Assistance and Housing information
- Washington 211
- Provides a variety of resources statewide (i.e. financial assistance, housing, transportation)