Learn more about the importance of protecting our drinking water when working with cross-connection controls.
- Cross connections can create health hazards (PDF) – Defines terms, identifies common cross-connections, and why they pose a public health concern.
- Help protect your drinking water from contamination (PDF) – Describes common household cross-connection hazards and how to protect your drinking water from contamination.
- Lawn irrigation systems and backflow prevention (PDF) – Explains how to prevent water from your irrigation system from flowing back into the drinking water.
- Protect your water heater from thermal expansion (PDF) – Explains how to prevent your water heater from exploding.
- Residential fire sprinkler systems and backflow prevention (PDF) – Describes different types of residential fire sprinkler systems and the backflow prevention required for each.
Thanks to the CCC Committee of the Pacific Northwest Section American Water Works Association for allowing us to post these brochures.
The American Backflow Prevention Association has a robust collection of frequently asked questions about cross-connection control.