How do I receive payment assistance?

If you are having difficulty making payments, please contact any of the following agencies and organizations for energy assistance.

Vera’s Credit Department

We are always willing to work with our customers. Because of the lien right in our district, all extension requests must come from the owner or manager of the property. Once we receive permission from them, we are more than happy to assist you. Please contact our credit department at (509) 924-3800 to make arrangements.

Spokane Valley Partners offers $75 in emergency assistance funds once a year for Vera customers. Contact their office at (509) 927-1153 for more information.

SNAP distributes funds during the heating season, and depending on income and the number of people in your family, you may qualify to receive assistance. Funding with SNAP varies. To determine eligibility, contact their office at (509) 242-2376.


Washington Information Network 211 is an easy-to-remember phone number for people to call for health and human service information and referrals and other assistance to meet customers’ needs.

St. Vincent De Paul Society

The St. Vincent De Paul Society gives assistance to individuals and families in the Spokane Valley area. Call their office at (509) 928-3210 for more information.

Energy efficiency programs

Vera offers rebates for items such as residential hot water tanks, residential lighting, windows, insulation etc.

Related Articles