It doesn’t take much to prepare your sprinkler system for warm weather watering.
Sprucing up is simple with these five steps:
1. Schedule and confirm your approved backflow assembly has its annual test and is working properly. Protect your drinking water.
2. Inspect sprinkler heads with clogs or damage. Make repairs as needed.
3. Connect sprinkler heads to pipes and hoses securely to avoid water loss. If you notice any pooling of water in your landscaping, there may be a leak in your system.
4. Direct sprinklers toward your landscaping and avoid spraying sidewalks and driveways.
5. Select a WaterSense-labeled weather-based irrigation controller to make sprinkler scheduling a no-brainer. By telling your system when and how much to water based on local weather conditions, a controller can help eliminate outdoor water waste.
By taking a little time to perform maintenance on your sprinkler system, your landscape and your wallet will thank you.