In an age of social distancing, many of us are scrambling to respond to our new normal. As a community-owned, not-for-profit water and power utility, we’ve always been driven to help our community and meet whatever challenges come our way.
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our customers, employees, and all those we serve. As an organization, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the COVID-19 outbreak and its impact across our service area. In this ever-changing environment, one thing remains constant and that’s our commitment to keeping the lights on, the water flowing, and caring for our community.
We also know this has affected many of our neighbors economically making it tough to make ends meet. We want to support you. Please call us at 888-774-8272. The best time to call is between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The Vera Water and Power office is currently closed.
The Governor’s moratorium on utility fees and disconnects ends Sept. 30, 2021.
Late letters: Late letter fees of $2.25 begin Nov. 1, 2021.
Door hangers: Customers that they have an overdue balance with a blue hanger.
Effective Dec. 1, 2021, a $20 fee will be added when a blue hanger is issued.
Set an appointment now: To arrange a repayment agreement for unpaid COVID-19 account balances, set an appointment to meet with our support team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 888-774-8272.
Payment agreements: Every agreement will be catered to the needs of each individual customer.
SNAP: Payment assistance may be available to you to pay off the balance resulting from the pandemic. Please call them at 509-456-7627.
There are also several ratepayer-assistance programs available at the local, state, or federal level. This information is being shared state-wide on the UTC website. A shortlist of community agencies can be found here.
While our lobby may be closed, we are available to serve you. We have several options available to serve you from the convenience of your own home.
- Online: We encourage you to access your account online to make payments.
- Dropbox: Our payment dropbox is located in our parking lot at 601 N. Evergreen Road.
- Phone: Feel free to call us at (888)774-8272 or (509) 924-3800. Our staff is practicing social distancing. Vera representatives are available to speak with you on the phone, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our call center is available 24/7 to help you with your bill and to take your service calls.
- Email: You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have adjusted our operation to assure the reliable and safe delivery of water and power and to minimize the risk and spread of the illness.
- The crews are responding only to essential calls. They are not entering individual homes.
- We will no longer enter a customer’s home to read a meter or fix a problem. We are asking the maintenance people to take a picture of the meter so we get a reading. Closings are the exception, and then only if it can be done safely. Other meters will be estimated.
- The crews are generally divided in half and working separate locations across the district. They are working four 10-hour shifts. They are available 24/7 to respond to trouble with your service or power outages.
- We are continuing to follow the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization.
- We are in regular contact with local, regional, and state health organizations.
- We’ve added additional health and safety precautions, including eliminating non-essential business travel, having employees who can work from home to do so, canceling all meetings and events, and practicing social distancing.
- Vera representatives are reporting to the office daily from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Meetings of Vera Water and Power’s board of directors, if held, would be conducted via teleconference or web conference.
Generally, Board of Directors Meetings will be held online. We will post the meeting link, the dial-in numbers, and access codes on our website and social media. We encourage you to participate.
- Spokane County United Way COVID19 Resources
- Washington State Coronavirus Response for Business & Workers
- Spokane County Department of Emergency Management COVID Response
- Central Valley School District
- Spokane Valley Partners