Payment Assistance

Looking for help with your water and power bills?

Vera’s Credit Department

Vera office workerWe are always willing to work with our customers. Because of the lien right in our district, all extension requests must come from the owner or manager of the property. Once we receive permission from them, we are more than happy to assist you. To make a credit arrangement, please contact our credit department at

Spokane Valley Partners

Spokane Valley Partners offers $75 in emergency assistance funds once a year for Vera customers. Contact them at (509) 927-1153, ext. 12.


SNAP distributes assistance funds during the heating season. Depending on income and the number of people in your family, you may qualify to receive assistance. Funding with SNAP varies. To determine eligibility, call SNAP at 509-456-SNAP.


Washington Information Network 211 is an easy-to-remember number for people to call for health and human service information and referrals and other assistance.

Energy efficiency programs

Vera offers rebates for items such as residential hot water tanks, residential lighting, windows, insulation, etc.

Payment Assistance Tip

Please be advised that customers are responsible for their utility bills until Vera receives the grant or purchase order from assisting agencies. Grants can take six to eight weeks to process, so contact these agencies as soon as possible.