How should I prepare for an outage?
PREPARE FOR AN OUTAGE
Our goal is to limit the number and length of outages, but sometimes outages are unavoidable. Service can be interrupted due to weather, equipment, animals, trees or people. Preparation is key in dealing with an outage. Put together an emergency preparedness kit with supplies in case of a prolonged or widespread power outage including:.
- Water - one gallon per person, per day
- Food - non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Medications and required medical items
- Cell phones with external chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Portable radio - handcrank or battery operated
- Keep your car's gas tank full
- Backup power for any electric power, life-sustaining equipment